Resiliency in Action: Springfield Early Childhood Learning Collaborative
June 3rd 2014 9:30am – 2:30pm
Springfield College School of Social Work
9:00 Registration, Networking and Coffee
9:30 Convening & Welcome
· Tayza Rodriquez, Springfield Parent and Core Team Member
· Kate Roper, Asst. Director of Early Childhood Services at DPH and Core Team Member
· Video: Building Adult Capacities to Improve Child Outcomes, Center on the Developing Child, Harvard University
10:00 Toxic Stress and Resiliency for Springfield Children and Families: Community Panel & Discussion
· Jessica Wozniack, Psy.D., BayState Family Advocacy Center: Adversity, Toxic Stress, and Resiliency in Early Childhood
· Helen Caulton-Harris, Commissioner, Springfield Health and Human Services: The Landscape for Young Children in Springfield
· Julie Gagne, Square One: Trauma and Resiliency: A Parent’s Perspective
12:30 Community Café - Shaping the Focus of Resiliency in Action
Round 1: What are the primary challenges that families in Springfield face that may affect their capacity to provide nurturing relationships?
Round 2: What resources and strengths exist in Springfield to support resilient young children and families?
Round 3: How can community members in Springfield come together to make a long-term change for young children and families?
2:15 Café Discussion Summary/Debrief & Next Steps for Action